Appliance Store Cincinnati
Appliance store cincinnati – Home appliance repair insurance
Appliance Store Cincinnati
- The Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal, originally Cincinnati Union Terminal, is a passenger railroad station in the Queensgate neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio, United States.
- An industrial city in southwestern Ohio, on the Ohio River; pop. 331,285
- The following is a list of episodes for the American television series Harsh Realm which aired on Fox in 1999 and the fX Network in 2000.
- a city in southern Ohio on the Ohio river
- a device or control that is very useful for a particular job
- An apparatus fitted by a surgeon or a dentist for corrective or therapeutic purpose
- durable goods for home or office use
- A device or piece of equipment designed to perform a specific task, typically a domestic one
- The action or process of bringing something into operation
- The act of applying; application; An implement, an instrument or apparatus designed (or at least used) as a means to a specific end (often specified); Specifically: A non-manual apparatus or device, powered electrically or by another small motor, used in homes to perform domestic functions (
- a supply of something available for future use; “he brought back a large store of Cuban cigars”
- shop: a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services; “he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod”
- A retail establishment selling items to the public
- A quantity or supply of something kept for use as needed
- keep or lay aside for future use; “store grain for the winter”; “The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn’t eat”
appliance store cincinnati – MLB Cincinnati
William Ulmer Brewery
The Romanesque Revival style office building at 31 Belvidere Street is the focal point of the William Ulmer Brewery complex, a reminder of one of Bushwick’s, and Brooklyn’s, most prominent 19th- and 20th -century industries. The entire complex remains a largely intact example of a late-19 -century brewery designed in the American round arch style, and includes, in addition to the office building, the main brew house (1872) and addition (c.1881), engine and machine houses (Theobald Engelhardt 1885), and stable and storage building (Frederick Wunder 1890).
A German emigrant, William Ulmer (1833-1907) began working in a New York City brewery owned by his uncles in the 1850s and later became a partner in the Vigelius & Ulmer Continental Lagerbier brewery, founded in 1871.
Within seven years, Ulmer became the sole proprietor of the brewery and under its new name – the William Ulmer Brewery – the business was expanded in the 1880s and 1890s with the construction of ice house, engine-, machine- and wash-room additions, a large storage and stable building, and a handsome Romanesque Revival style office building. Designed by prominent Brooklyn architect Theobald Engelhardt and constructed in 1885, the two-story red brick office building was the architectural highlight of the complex, featuring arched and dormered windows, a squat mansard roof clad in slate, as well as terra-cotta ornament.
Divided into three bays, the building’s projecting center bay incorporates remarkably crisp red terra-cotta panels that identify the initial of the last name of the owner, the brewery’s trademark, and the function of the building, as well as corbelled brickwork and a blind arcade. The office building was separated from the larger brewery by a passage with an elaborate iron gate. Though rusted, the richly embellished gate is historic and possibly original to the structure. The other buildings of the Ulmer brewery complex feature details commonly found on other 19th-century breweries, including round arch-headed and segmentally arch-headed window and door openings, projecting brick pilasters, pedimented parapets and corbelled, denticulated, zigzag-patterned, and channeled decorative brickwork, all characteristic of the American round arch style.
Prior to Prohibition, there were at least 24 breweries in Brooklyn, many of which were located in Williamsburgh and Bushwick. Ulmer’s was one of the more successful and in 1896 the Brooklyn Eagle described him as a millionaire. Under Ulmer, beer production more than quadrupled, reaching over three million gallons annually. Upon his retirement in 1900, the brewery was run by Ulmer’s sons-in-law, John W. Weber and John F. Becker. Like many other breweries, the enactment of Prohibition closed the Ulmer brewery.
The factory buildings were sold and converted for light manufacturing use, but the family retained ownership of the office building until 1952, using it as an office for their real estate business. The buildings remain largely intact and retain the detailing that defines their history and use.
DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS
The History of Brewing in Brooklyn and New York
"To speak of the origins of brewing in America is to speak of the origins of the nation itself," stated historian Stanley Baron in his book, Brewed in America. While the first European settlers were dependent on beer shipments brought from England, there are also late-16th- and early-17th-century references to brewers operating in the Massachusetts Bay and Virginia colonies.
In many early colonial accounts, beer was considered safer to drink than water, and was consumed by all ages at all times of the day. Sickness, death and failure of some settlements were often attributed to a lack of supplies, including beer. In New Amsterdam, the Dutch, who were "even more partial to beer that the English," discovered that the ingredients for beer could be grown in the new world in 1626, the year Peter Minuit "purchased" Manhattan from Native Americans.
Brewing was an active industry in New York City during the 17th century, with small-scale commercial, home, and municipal breweries, including one operated by The Dutch East India Company. By the 1770s, New York City and Philadelphia were established as the colonies’ brewing centers.
At least two documented commercial brewers operated in Brooklyn during the 18th century, and despite the advantage of abundant fresh water, that number grew very slowly after the turn of the 19th century. Most brews were produced for home consumption or by common brewers for sale in nearby "ordinaries" or taverns.
The few commercial brewers produced English style brews, such as ale, porter, stout, and common beer, using top-fermenting yeast. In 1840, a former brewer from Bavaria, John Wagner, who had brought lager beer yeast to this country, opened a small brewery in back of his ho
The Admirals first took to the ice in the winter of 1970 as an amateur club known as the Milwaukee Wings. They lost their first game on January 25 when the Madison All-Stars beat them 17–7. They got their first win five days later when they defeated the Milwaukee Winter Club 10–8.
The next year the team was sold by the original owner Reed Fansher to a group of investors. One of the investors, Erwin J. Merar, owned an appliance store. The team was renamed the "Admirals" after a brand of refrigerators sold in Merar’s store.
Beginning with the 1973–74 season the Admirals joined the newly formed United States Hockey League. Their first season in a league was not particularly successful as they ended the season in last place in their division. They won only 11 games, lost 35 games, and tied 2 games that season.
The Admirals won the USHL league championship in 1976, winning seven straight games in the league’s playoffs. In the off-season, the team was purchased by former Chicago Blackhawks announcer Lloyd Pettit and his wife, Jane Bradley-Pettit.
For the 1977–78 season the Admirals joined the International Hockey League as the USHL was becoming a strictly amateur league. The Admirals appeared in the IHL’s Turner Cup finals only once (1983), where they lost to Toledo in six games.
They stayed a part of the IHL until it joined the American Hockey League for the 2001–02 season when the IHL ceased operations. Five other IHL franchises also joined the AHL that season.
They won their first Calder Cup in 2004 when they defeated the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Prior to the Finals, Milwaukee needed seven games to defeat the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks in the first round. Then the Admirals defeated the Chicago Wolves in six games to advance to the Conference Finals. The Admirals then eliminated the Rochester Americans four games to one. Milwaukee then swept the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins to win the Calder Cup. The Admirals completed a rare postseason run in which they needed one fewer game to eliminate their opponents in each subsequent series.
The Admirals were purchased in June 2005 by a group of investors, led by Harris J. Turer, including Milwaukee Brewers owner Mark Attanasio, assistant general manager Gord Ash and pitcher Ben Sheets. The Brewers subsequently became the sole uniform sponsor of the Admirals, and the Admirals wear a Brewers logo patch on their sweaters.
The Admirals won their second division title as a member of the American Hockey League in 2006, clinching the title on the last day of their schedule with a win over the Grand Rapids Griffins.
After narrowly winning a seven-game playoff series over the Iowa Stars, Milwaukee swept both the Houston Aeros and Grand Rapids Griffins to advance to their second Calder Cup final series. To their disappointment, the Admirals would lose 4–2 to the Hershey Bears.
On August 1, 2006, the Admirals unveiled their newest logo to the public at the Henry Maier Festival Park (also known as the Summerfest grounds). The logo came with a radical color change for the team, away from red and blue hues to one of black, white and light blue. They also unveiled their new slogan, "Never Say Die".
appliance store cincinnati
This volume, Historic Photos of Cincinnati, captures this journey in still photography from various collections held at Cincinnati Museum Center. The book follows life, government, education, and events spanning two centuries of Cincinnati’s history. It captures unique and rare scenes through the original lens of hundreds of historic photographs. These images portray the events and people important to Cincinnati’s history and the building of a unique and prosperous city.